Report on 8th Annual General Meeting of Friends of Morden Mine, October 13, 2011
In the absence of FOMM's president, David Gogo, on tour in Europe, John Hofman, Vice-President, welcomed members at 7:00 p.m.
In his Vice-President's report, John Hofman summarized activities during the 2010/2011 fiscal year:
- Tom Paterson's three 2011 Black Track Tours: two in May, one in September
- changes in newsletter distribution from paper to email in May 2011
- development of policies and procedures to guide future Board decisions
- efforts to increase membership, now reaching close to 100
- fundraising efforts and plans for the coming fiscal year
- BC Parks centennial birthday party on August 20th, sponsored jointly by FOMM
After adoption of the agenda and approval of minutes of the 2010 AGM, the Treasurer presented her report. She advised that detailed copies of the financial statement would be e-mailed to any members requesting.
ELECTIONS OF DIRECTORS
Present directors confirmed once again were: David Gogo, president; John Hofman, vice-president; Louise Shuker, treasurer, Frank Garnish, recording secretary, Eric Ricker, and Ingrid Greenwell. Eric Ricker was designated director in charge of fundraising, Ingrid Greenwell director in charge of memberships.
Two directors resigned. Charlie Christopherson, longtime director, and for the past two years corresponding secretary; Rick Morgan, director, as well as a past recording secretary.
Three new directors at large were elected: Tom Paterson, Allan McDermid and Dave Bodaly.
Round table groups considered ideas for improvement of publicity, outreach to membership, and fundraising. These ideas were collected at the meeting's end for further review.
The meeting adjourned at 8:48 p.m.